Responsibilities and skills:
- Supervision and development of the accounting staff
- Supervision of the monthly, quarterly, annual closes with all supporting documents
- Preparation of periodic GAAP financial statements, financial reports, and special analyses
- Complete all required analytical reviews of the operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Complete analytical review of the operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of all billing and collections activities
- Supervision of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll functions
- Preparation of documents supporting the annual audit and tax returns
- Supervision of fixed asset records and coordination of the fixed asset information
- Creation and implementation of policies and procedures to establish and maintain internal controls to resolve accounting issues and to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills.
- Strong decision-making skills and attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA license preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible accounting experience preferably in the construction industry
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of leadership, personal accountability, and problem-solving skills
- Quality approach to work, with an appreciation for procedures and controls