Responsibilities and skills:
- Responsible for the accounting functions associated with general ledger and sub-ledger maintenance, including account reconciliations, journal entries and transactional analysis
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial statements and prepares certain month-end journal entries, such as the weekly payroll expense, intangible amortization, depreciation expense, and prepaid amortization.
- Performs a flux analysis and documents explanations for significant variances between actual and budgeted amounts.
- Prepares the bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and records cash transactions in the database.
- Assists with collections by calling customers and providing support for unpaid invoices.
- Provides accounting assistance to all departments, including backup to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as needed.
- Investigates discrepancies and other areas of concern regarding financial information and recommends corrective actions.
- Works on special accounting projects as assigned.
- Provides functional backup for other finance functions as assigned.
- Possesses strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in teams, as needed.
- Willingly provides insight, suggestions, and methods to better the company.
- Proactively take on other tasks, as needed.
- Complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related work experience.
- Recent experience with Great Plains required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred.
- Strong Excel skills