The Arcticom Group (TAG) is a U.S.-based network of commercial and industrial refrigeration companies that provide HVACR service/maintenance across the Western United States and installation services throughout North America. TAG is committed to being an “employer of choice” and ensuring employees have a home where they can learn and grow. With competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including 401K match, TAG is an exciting place to work.
This is an exciting time to join TAG’s team at a high-growth stage. TAG is looking for experienced Construction and Superintendents to join our growing team at Victory Refrigeration and Construction in Denver, Colorado.
Responsibilities and skills:
This role provides on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that projects are in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, project completion and job site safety and security. Ensure that all project required municipal, state or federal approvals have been obtained, including all departmental sign off’s up to and including the final building inspections and Certificate’s of Occupancy.
- Understand the project scope of work sufficiently to identify and manage project risks and to plan associated work.
- Develop and adhere to construction schedules on a daily, weekly monthly and on a per project basis, ensuring milestones and completion dates are met.
- Develop and manage ongoing three-week progress schedules for the duration of projects. Schedules should identify the work that needs to be done, where it needs to be done, who is performing the work and reflect the overall coordination of the trades to complete the work identified. Distribute three-week schedules to all trades, suppliers, vendors, owner and all parties involved with the project, weekly, with enough advance notice to our team, so they can plan for and complete the schedule on time.
- Execute and oversee the work needed to deliver the scope, schedule and budget of the construction project, while working closely with Project Manager.
- Schedule employees, subcontractors and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with Project Manager regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, change orders and Material Submittals.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to Project Manager and/or project owner for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Self perform contracted or required work as necessary.
- Potentially perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Walk projects daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean, safe and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills – speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Listens for understanding.
- Strong interpersonal skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Ability to identify issues, potential solutions, analyze options, advocate and negotiate for option most consistent with construction job objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution
- Ability to Read and interpret Blueprints
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Construction Superintendent; Experience in commercial general construction with exposure to refrigeration/HVAC is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience within the commercial construction industry
- EPA Certification
- Office experience of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook)
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving history
- Willingness to travel to jobs, as needed