The Arcticom Group (TAG) is a U.S.-based network of commercial and industrial refrigeration companies that provide HVACR service/maintenance across the Western United States and installation services throughout North America. TAG is committed to being an “employer of choice” and ensuring employees have a home where they can learn and grow. With competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including 401K match, TAG is an exciting place to work.
This is an exciting time to join TAG’s team at a high-growth stage. TAG is looking for an experienced Commercial Start Up Technician to join our growing team at RUI in Fife, Washington.
Responsibilities and skills:
The Refrigeration Start-up Technician is a critical position at RUI. This individual will provide start-up support and direction to the Installation teams at RUI. The position requires strong organizational skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal communication skills and job skills as noted below.
This is a position with U.A. Local 32 Plumbers Pipe Fitters Refrigeration & HVAC Union, with an extremely competitive pay and benefit package. Current Union membership is not required and will be facilitated by employer for the right candidate. Relocation to WA is required for this role.
- Assist in the repair, install, start up, and troubleshooting of commercial refrigeration systems – primarily supermarkets
- Provide start-up and technical support to the Refrigeration Construction team.
- Provide technical support, service and assistance with Energy Management projects and Retrofits.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and proper turnover to the Refrigeration Service Department.
- This position does notreport to the Refrigeration Service department, but rather the Installation Department therefore this position is NOT PART of the Refrigeration On-Call Rotation. Hours of work can vary depending on the project. Travel will be required as needed
- Must have a thorough understanding of the operations of commercial refrigeration systems, including controls.
- Must have a thorough understanding and the ability to interpret refrigeration plans and electrical schematics in order to implement a functional system while ensuring specifications are being followed.
- Diagnosing problems and make repairs to refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of basic construction methods
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment
- Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system
- Operate tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions
- Lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams as needed
- Good math, communication, and basic computer skills are essential
- Physical condition is important, as this job will require lifting and carrying equipment, as well as standing, kneeling or stooping for long periods of time
- Collaborate with management team to maintain RUI’s technical abilities and reputation in the marketplace
- Keep management informed of progress by keeping daily logs
- Willingly provide insight, suggestions, and methods to better RUI as a company
- Proactively take on other tasks, as needed
- Complete tasks accurately and on time
- Minimum of 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Must have EPA Certification
- Possess or obtain refrigeration electrical license in WA state
- Must have proper tools
- Willingness to travel to job sites, as requested
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check, as well as a search of motor vehicle records.